How I Spent (and am still spending, because I am not saying past tense on this vacay until Tuesday at 7:50!) my Winter Vacation.... this is the 3rd linky party I've done in 4 days...but this time...
I am H.O.M.E! and it's never felt so good to be home. I usually hate coming home from a trip, I mean, who actually wants to leave? No laundry, no cooking, sleeping in, etc. etc.
But this girl wanted to be home. I even posted on FB when we crossed into Virginia, "I've never been so glad to see 'Welcome to Virginia' in my life." It's not that the trip was a bad one, I had a good time. Ate WAY too much, didn't shop quite enough, but enjoyed my stay in Gatlinburg. It's definitely a beautiful place, cold, fresh air, and beautiful! But I missed home. I know my daughter did because all she wanted was her dollhouse that Santa left her. And our dog :) (Me too!!)
So, this is what I've done so far (smile) over Winter break....
1. Ate dinner at Olive Garden
2. Done and finished Christmas shopping
3. Wrapped presents
4. Eaten wayyyy too much food (and chocolate!)
5. Visited family
7. Watched my daughter open presents from Santa
8. Traveled to Tennessee in a rain/wind storm that lasted the entire drive...fun!
9. Arrived at a hotel room that hadn't been cleaned... (but we got that night free, so no big!)
10. Saw my first snow of the year on top of a mountain
11. Outlet shopped (whoooo hoo!)
12. Again, ate wayyyyy too much food
13. Walked around Gatlinburg for 2 days
14. Traveled back to Virginia (yay!)
15. Blogging, Words with Friends, and Angry Birds
16. Spending time with my wonderful hubs and daughter
Here are some of the pics I took from my phone :)
This is exactly how much food you get. You get apple fritters and apple juleps first, then soup, then salad, then your main course, and THEN dessert (and it's all included!!!) You had to roll me outta there. I had to ride home with the pants unbuttoned...but it was SOOOO good. Guess what I had?
Chicken and dumplins....sigh. :)
dare I say better than Cracker Barrel's?
SNOW!!!! This was on the Tennessee/NC border going into Cherokee, NC. Newfound Gap
Such a beautiful place! Hope to go back again!
Check out A Clutter Free Classroom and join up on the linky party! Happy New Year 2012!