Monday, January 16, 2012

Mom Monday

Sorry to again post twice in one day (where is it written you can't do that??) but I just went through some of the posts on Google reader when I saw Beth at Thinking of Teaching's post about her linky party, Mom Mondays.  I think it's an awesome idea because all teaching mommies need some inspiration after a long day, and to me, nothing brings about good inspiration like a good, easy, yummy dinner.  So, if you are a Mommy and have some good recipes that your kiddos like, link up!


This recipe was given to me by a friend of mine and I've modified it a little, and so can you.


Pillsbury Pizza Dough Stromboli


1 can of Pillsbury pizza dough (found with the crescent rolls and cinnamon rolls)
1 jar of marinara sauce (I like Emeril's.....BAM!)
any spices, cheeses, pepperoni, or meat, or veggies that you or your kiddos like


I follow the directions on the pizza dough package for cooking, but add 3-5 minutes more to the cooking time to make sure the insides of the stromboli are hot.


Divide your dough into as many servings as you need.  I make two large adult ones and one 2 year old sized portion, but I never finish mine :)


Spread out your dough evenly.  Spoon marinara sauce and spread toppings evenly.  Fold dough over and press open edges together.  A fork works nicely to keep edges together.  Sprinkle spices or butter on top to make a nice, crisp top.


Bake as directed on the package.


This is quick and easy to make with no fuss from those who eat it!


I hope you'll enjoy it!


Serve with salad.





6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I'm going to try this for sure!!
    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab idea! I'm heading over there to look now :)
    The Teachers’ Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haley, I love the name of your blog! Don't worry about the negative feedback (previous post). I'd have exactly the same reaction as you. Constructive criticism is good for us (so they say, ha ha) ... but so hard to take :) I'm your newest follower! Take care.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try this! Thanks for sharing.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete