Friday, June 13, 2014

Five for Friday!

This is my first time linking up for Five for Friday over at Doodle Bugs Teaching.  So, I'm picking 5 random things from this week... :)


It's finally here!  Summer vacation!  While I was so ready to be home with my girls, I will miss my students this year.  I had a really good group... they were just a sweet group, I hate to see them go on to third grade.  So, today I'm enjoying day 2 of summer vacation!


My brain doesn't know that summer vacation is here!  Anyone else having that problem?  Ideas for school next year, ideas for my TPT store, ideas for Bumblebee's first birthday, packing for the beach... and other things... My brain is supposed to be ASLEEP along with the rest of my household at 2 am...



Has anyone read this?  I think I saw it in my school's resource bookroom, but one reason why my brain won't shut off is because I want to redo my classroom layout.  I did my room so fast last year because I was 8 months pregnant and was going out on maternity leave... I want a redo!  The layout did not lend itself to any good function, so I'm working overtime at 2 am thinking about how function and form can go hand in hand :)


Now that I can have two stress-freer (ha!) months at home, I can really focus on losing the last 15 pounds of baby weight that need to go.  Yeah, I had most of it off and then winter/Valentine's Day/Easter/Mother's Day happened... yeah.  I don't like exercise.  So, my goal this summer is to get rid of that last 15... 

And best of all, I get to spend my summer with a real life version of Elsa and Anna... my Ladybug and Bumblebee!  The baby is even singing Let it Go!  

Link up and show your Five for Friday!

images were found via pinterest.com or google.com

2 comments:

  1. Precious babies- enjoy your summer with them. When I saw the book cover I immediately thought of a book I have read by Debbie Miller (not Diller). It's called "Reading with Meaning". I bought it because of the cover photos of her classroom. But inside is a great collection of lessons and advice about teaching reading. Funny how the two ladies with similar names have similar books!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written this post! We got out yesterday. My brain does not shut off. I need to lose 10-15 lbs of baby weight. I have two boys, not girls, so that's the difference! How funny.

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete