Monday, November 19, 2012

When it rains... I wish I could pour...

Sorry for the lack of blogging this month.  It's been an awful one.  Seriously.  

I hate to even type that because I know my bloggy friends really don't want to hear about how dreadful things have been in my life... but I've gotta vent somewhere.

It's been a long day.  My husband got some bad health news this morning.  He found out he's diabetic, which really isn't too much of a surprise due to the fact it's rampant in his family... but as a wife you worry.  And worry.  And then tell him it's okay, you'll be fine, it's manageable, and then you still worry more.

Last week was the 2 year anniversary of my father-in-law's passing... which was a shock when it happened.  My hubs and his dad were very close.  

I won't even go into school.  :)

So, today and tomorrow are IT before Thanksgiving break.  I wish I could say I had an obedient, quiet class today.  They started out that way... for like 5 minutes.

But we did have some fun!  We played a scoot game with editing sentences.  They thought they were something else... writing those sentences quickly... jumping to the next spot.  It's the first time I've played scoot with them, and I will be playing with them again!



Then I found Sunny Day's Turkey Trivia game... which is really a scoot game, but I just put up a few cards at a time... gave the kiddos post-its, had them write their answers, and then put in my parking lot.  Have I ever shown y'all my parking lot?  It's pretty sad.


They put their post-its on there and then I collect them all.  I have one winner so far, and then tomorrow throughout the day I'll post a few more group of questions for them to answer.  They got all into it!

Thanks for listening as always.  If I don't get back on here before Thursday, have a wonderful Thanksgiving y'all.  (Sheesh... I sound like Paula Deen there!) lol!

4 comments:

  1. I hope things get better for you soon. I definitely know the "when it rains, it pours" kind of mood- it's not fun! Thinking of you! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your last day is a little more relaxing and that you're able to enjoy your Thanksgiving break. Praying for you and your hubby!

    Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things will get better. I am praying for you and your family!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I want to say God has a reason for all. I thank Him daily for all the valleys I go through - because without them I would not get to enjoy the mountain tops.

    Next, I want to say that I completely understand what you and your hubby are going through. I was diagnosed in June with diabetes and was scared to death. My sugar was so high, I should have been dead. Over the past 5 months I have learned so much and I know there is still so much more to learn. Please feel free to email me anytime if you need someone to listen or need any advice.

    Last, I would like to tell you that I will be praying for you and your family. Praying for peace and comfort about the new life challenges ahead as you face this ugly thing head on.

    ✞Heather
    Swinging Through Second Grade
    hdawntn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete