Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Product Swap!!

MrsStanfordsClass

Ta-da!  It's time to show the awesome unit I received from Brooke Benyon at Teachable Moments.  The unit I chose from her store (and it was a hard choice!) was her Splashing into Maths games.  Each game is very simple to prep (yay!!) and only needs dice (6 sided on up!) 
or game cards, just like the description says!  I totally love this because I am doing math stations this year, and this is perfect for my kids' needs and skills (2nd graders) they will learn and review.  I like how the games are partner orientated.  I only wish I could have taken some pictures of kids playing these games (none over 2 in this house!)  

My favorite game would have to be 2:  I love the idea of the Roll 3 (where you roll three numbers and add them up...very important concept for 2nd graders because of regrouping in addition...how many times do they not add the 1??)  The same concept for Draw 5, you draw 5 cards and add them up... love it!

Okay, so please check out Brooke's awesome blog, grab her button, follow her wonderful TPT store... you have no excuse not to!!



Teachable Moments


Thanks Brooke for sending and sharing this unit and thanks to Jessica for putting together this swap!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!


    Blessings,
    Jessica
    ✏ Mrs. Stanford's Class ✏
    ❤ I hope you enjoyed the swap & will join for the next one!! Check out my post for the link to the form :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for math games! Thanks for sharing!!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The product swap looked like a lot of fun! It's always nice to find math activities that are fun for the kiddos:)
    Kelly

    Kelly Teach

    ReplyDelete