and I get tagged...not once, not twice, but 6 times :) Feeling some love!! So, thanking Melissa at Dillydabbles, Megan at First Grade Magic, Stacy at 2nd Grade Paradise, Elizabeth at Fun in Room 4B, Bonnie at Living a Wonderful Life, and Amber at Adventures of a Third Grade teacher for all thinking to tag me :)
So, to be fair and not go completely crazy, I'm going to answer Melissa's questions because she was the first to tag me!
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
2. 12 things about me...
- Hmmm..I have taught 3 grades in 8 years...I started with 3rd grade reading, then taught 2nd for 2 years, then was bumped to 5th grade for 2 years, and then the last 3 I've been in 2nd.
- My parents were born on opposite coasts (literally) Mom in California, and Dad in Virginia. Everyone on my Mom's side of the family was born in a different state. Pretty cool. I even married someone from a different state!
- I love a good book. The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is my absolute favorite. You have got to read them if you are a historical fiction lover.
- I have a six year old Shih-tzu named Lucy. She is me in dog form :)
- I have a two year daughter named Natalie. She looks nothing like me (she's all her daddy) but she's got my personality...watch out world!
- I was/am a Sigma Sigma Sigma in college.
- My absolute favorite place in the world is the Outer Banks of North Carolina, more specifically Corolla. If I ever get rich on TPT or write a children's book, that's where I'm living. Year round!
- I love football. And I am extremely sad that my Packers didn't make it to the Superbowl this year, but oh well :)
- I like to crochet. Not very well, but I attempt it on several occasions, and Pinterest has helped.
- I heart my computer. Sad, but true.
- I love shoes and purses. My personal quote is "Every girl needs a pair of ruby slippers." I have several!
- I am not a morning person. If school could start at 11 and let out at 6, I'd be a happy girl.
- Saved the best for last...my husband is awesome...rubbing my neck as I type. I don't know where I'd be or what I'd do without him <3
Questions from Melissa:
- What is your favorite food/drink to de-stress? Mexican...and margaritas..most every Thursday because by Thursday, this momma needs one!
- What is your favorite book to read to your class? My new favorite book to read to the kiddos is "Pink" by Lynne Rickards. Cute, cute story!
- What is your favorite book to read yourself? The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
- How far do you travel to get to your school? 8 minutes...4 miles
- How many students are in your class? 22 (13 boys, 9 girls)
- Do you exercise? How often and what types? No, and no. I need to though :( I lost 40 pounds after I had my daughter (believe it or not.. the only person in the world to lose weight while pregnant!) and have gained almost half back:(
- What is your favorite topic or unit to teach? I like math, it's straight forward, black and white...
- What behavior plans/rewards do you have in place in your classroom? Nothing fun. I'd admit it. My management plan needs a new life. I do the 3 light stoplight and treat box on Friday if you stay on green all week. Blah.
- What do you wear to school? (slacks, skirts, dresses, jeans, types of shoes) Always pants and a top. Ballet flats usually...very rarely a skirt.
- How old/new is your school? My school (current building) was built in 1996ish.
- What technology do you have available/use in your classroom? I have 5 total computers, 3 laptops for the kids, one for my LCD projector, and a desktop for me. I have a broken Interwrite pad, LCD projector, and document camera. Would L-O-V-E a smart board, but don't think that will happen in my lifetime :(
- How do you spoil yourself? Sleep. Seriously, I love to sleep. Weekends = naps. And thankfully, my 2 year old is following my lead. She loves to sleep late and stay up late like momma. Doesn't make for easy mornings, but it makes up for itself on the weekends!
My questions for you:
1. What is your favorite place to eat?
2. What is your favorite accessory?
2. What is your favorite accessory?
3. What is your favorite game to play?
4. When you aren't blog stalking, how do you spend your time?
5. Do you pack your lunch, or do cafeteria food?
6. Do you prefer a paper book, or a Nook/Kindle?
7. How long do your morning announcements last?
8. If you could have any car, what would you have? (this is for my hubby)
9. Do you have more boys or girls in your class?
10. Biggest indulgence?
11. Are you a cat or dog person?
12. Any big plans for "our summer off?"
I am tagging:
Dana at 3rd Grade Gridiron
Tara at 4th Grade Frolics
Lori at Bee the Change
Melissa at F is for First Grade
Kristy at Cozart's Class
Jamie at 2nd Grade Stuff
Becky at Lesson Plans and Lattes
Miss DeCarbo at Second Grade Sugar and Spice
Sandy at Soaring Through Second Grade
Beth at Thinking of Teaching
Cheater, cheater, I'm only doing 10 :( I don't like doing duplicates so I'm trying to pick who hasn't been tagged...
Have a happy Monday, y'all. Still wishing for snow. Don't think it's gonna happen, is it Stacy?? :(