Friday, October 28, 2011

More of my classroom....continued!!

Are your kiddos ready for Halloween?  Mine are! (Have been!!)  We are listening to Halloween music on Pandora and working on making Spooky Sentences... one of my co-teachers found the activity from First Grade Blue Skies ... they love the idea of running into Frankenstein!  Well, some of them!

We are learning about the parts of a friendly letter.  This is a resource I found from one of the best language/writing workshop books ever, Writing Workshop:  Lessons and Activities for the Writing Process Grades K-3 from Teacher Created Resources.  It has been a life saver!

My Guided Reading leveled books, thanks to Scholastic's Book Wizard.  If you need the level of most any book (especially from Scholastic!) you can find it (GRL, Lexile, grade level, etc.)

My reading bulletin board... don't have but two teeeeeeeny little bulletin boards in my room, but I have my reading comprehension strategies on this one, calendar on the other.  We are currently working on questioning and making connections.

Back to my classroom...

1 comment: